Wednesday, December 9, 2015

"Our pedagogy must aim to instill humility in the dogmatists who are sure all their beliefs are correct, but also to instill hope in the skeptics and relativists who despair over attaining even a modicum of certitude." 
(Moroney, Phelps, & Waalkes, The Schooled Heart: Moral Formation in American Higher Education)

The past week of events in the U.S., conversations around higher education, ISIS, mass shootings, Syrian refuges, tempts me to despair. The lack of virtue in these conversations, the quickness to react, control, and defend, breaks my heart, such a need for humility, hope, and patience.

God, grant me the ability to listen and hear, seeking first to understand before making my opinions and positions known. Father, remind me your love for each person you created, that you are redeeming our world. Thank you for sending your Son into the world, to be present, to not leave us on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment